Mid-Level Data Scientist
Mid-Level Data Scientist
Candidates must have TS-SCI CI Poly Required
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Data Scientist to partner with the program and government customers to perform the duties as a Data Scientist located in Springfield, VA. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Provide statistical and mathematical support in assisting customer analyze and interpret a wide range of data to help customer understand and improve our customer’ s experience. Ability to leverage a range of data sources (e.g., Web traffic, customer requests for information, survey responses, production databases, etc.) for an understanding of what drives a positive customer experience. Provide insights that will be used to inform customer strategy and decisions, in partnership with teams examining Website design, customer interactions, featured content, and future GEOINT products and services. Works with various stakeholders to develop business questions and identify the data necessary to analyze to answer those questions. Collaborate across a diverse team of statisticians/data analysts. Utilizes industry standard communication and visualization tools to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis to senior executives. Applies business analytics and customer segmentation techniques in any corporate function, e.g. marketing analytics, consumer analytics, operations analysis, human capital analytics, or other relevant fields. Uses data mining for structured and unstructured information to join and explore relationships in disparate data sets. Applies advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data. Strength in collaboration and teamwork within, between, and across organizational boundaries.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, math, or computer science.
- Experience providing insights that will be used to inform customer strategy and decisions, in partnership with teams examining Website design, customer interactions, featured content, and future GEOINT products and services.
- Candidate will have knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards, unit testing and configuration management, database and System administration.
- Maintains, moves, and manipulates data between applications, using appropriate software: Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, R, Python, Kibana and others as technology evolves.
• Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS: EC2, S3, CFT, VPC, EBS, RDS, Redshift, Security groups, Auto-scalin
Job Type: FT