F5 Network Engineer
Scott AFB, IL
F5 Network Engineer
Candidate must have a Secret security clearance.
Our client is the prime contractor supporting a government customer in order to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
This F5 Load Balancing Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of JRSS. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
Day to Day responsibilities may include:
- Research, design, build, test, deploy, analyze, administer, and maintain the enterprise F5 network environments (hardware, software, and configuration components)
- Maintain the F5 Big-IP Viprions with vCMP and LTM utilizing route domains and partitions
- Review and provide recommendations to improve the F5 solution
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture
- Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues
- Analyze network alarms and identify sources
- Troubleshoot F5 configuration issues
- Troubleshoot traffic through the F5s
- Troubleshoot application monitors
- Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing, LAN and WAN protocols, BGP, campus and data center switching, and load balancing focusing on Cisco and F5 solutions
- Experience with Application Partitions, Route Domains & vCMP on Viprion and appliance platforms
- F5 experience must include: LTM, vCMP, tmsh, partition & route domains
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date
- Expertise with any of the following devices/vendors: PaloAlto Firewalls, CISCO, Juniper, A10, LTM, and F5
Job Type: FT