Candidate must have a Top Secret security clearance.
We are seeking for a Cyber Security Engineer with firewall expertise. In this role, you will be responsible for all firewall aspects of a site migration to DISA' s Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) program.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer will be on a team responsible for the migration of networks that are located globally and integrating them into JRSS. The team goes through multiple phases and is responsible for end-to-end migration. This includes everything from the planning and discovery of how to migrate, to the remote configuration and troubleshooting. The firewall engineer is responsible for contributing to all phases and helping the network engineers to execute the migrations and ensure all networks are protected.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Orchestrate the project end-to-end from a Firewall Security Prospective
- Analyzes Firewall Security discovery information and determines requirements for the migration
- Provide Firewall gap analysis at the start of the project
- Directs team members and reviews results
- De-conflicts inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP author
- Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
- Control all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, Firewall configurations, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Identify and communicate firewall security requirements to Tools and CND teams. This includes acceptable Deadlines tracked by PM
- Track task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as required.
- Experience with Cisco ASA or Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco MPLS.(Multi Protocol Label Switching)
- BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
- In-depth protocol analysis, with tools such as tcpdump.
- IAT Level II 8570 Certification
- F5 load balancers
- Standup of Remote access Virtual Private Networks(RAVPN)
- Military/DoD security architectures
- JRSS familiarity
- CISCO or Juniper Certifications
Job Type: Contract