Hardware Technician Lead
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client is 4 ½ years into this 8+ year contract. The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their team in Chantilly, VA provides Information Systems Technical Support locally to 5, 000 customers at this large campus of multiple buildings. The NOC and SOC teams in Virginia send the IST folks trouble tickets, and this team will take those tickets and go from customer to customer troubleshooting and fixing the issues on site. ALL CANDIDATES MUST be DoD 8570 compliant upon joining the program.
- typically responsible for supervising up to 15 employees working on a single project or task. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned task/project may also affect level selection.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s)
- Supervises assigned staff
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s).
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security
- 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- LAN/WAN Support, hardware, technical support, troubleshooting
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
Some of our offerings include:
- FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD benefits premiums
- Weekly Pay Roll
- PTO/Holiday/Snow Day/Maternity/Paternity/Bereavement leave and pay
- Robust 401K Match
- $5K in annual Training
- Charity Event participation
- Family fun events (Sporting events, Fun Run)
- Adult fun events (Holiday Party, Dinners, Lunches, Happy Hours)
Job Type: FT