Help Desk/Network Admin
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Help Desk/ Network Admin
Candidates must have Secret Clearance
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Help Desk/Network Admin to partner with the network team, program, and government customers to perform the duties as a Help Desk/Network Admin located in Ft. Meade. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
In this role you will provide Help Desk Support and Network administration functions with the client supporting a DoD contract. The position is located in the Ft. Meade area and this role is on the IT Help Desk providing Tier 1, Tier 2, and some Tier 3 support including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for Windows PCs, networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
Duties include answering telephone calls from end-users; creating, assigning, and resolving incident tickets; providing remote user assistance; installing and removing software; visiting end-user work areas to deliver, install, fix, and remove hardware; monitoring systems for outage alerts; coordinating incident resolution with end-users and other IT groups; and other duties as assigned for Help Desk operations.
- Current DoD 8570 baseline IAT Level II certification, such as CompTIA Security+ ce.
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems and desktop applications
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, networking, Windows Active Directory, printers, and computer peripherals.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Basic understanding of virtualization technology.
- Demonstrated Network administration experience, including understanding of LAN/WAN operations and TCP/IP concept
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification with Windows 7 or Windows 10 exam completion.
- Experience with ITSM tools, such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience creating and modifying Active Directory user and computer objects.
- Experience with Dameware remote desktop.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with Nexus
- ITIL certification or related experience.
- Experience standing up VPN' s
- Managing Port Security
- Experience configuring and managing VLANs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists
- Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as SolarWinds
- Experience with Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
Job Type: FT