Kronos Advanced Scheduler Lead
Kronos Advanced Scheduler Lead
Our client is currently live on Kronos v7.1 for Time Keeping, Advanced Scheduler, Absence Management, and PTO on an Oracle Database. Our client is looking to roll out Kronos for all of their subsidiary hospitals and health systems. Our client needs to bring on a Kronos Advanced Scheduler Expert to lead the implementation of this module for a specific subsidiary Health System which has roughly 11, 000 employees and 5 different hospitals. The Time & Attendance / Scheduling system that this subsidiary Health System is currently using is API. The organization overall has roughly 90+ hospitals and an additional 30+ clinical business units. At this moment, our client currently has roughly 55, 000 employees live with Kronos v7.1 for these modules.
Our client is looking for a Functional Kronos Advanced Scheduler Lead consultant who can come in at the beginning of this project to Lead the Design & Discovery workshops with all necessary departments within the subsidiary Hospital(s), Document current business processes and prioritize areas in which need improvement, then using all of that information – Design, Build, and Configure the Advanced Scheduler Module within Kronos to best meet this specific Health Systems’ needs & desires. This will include hands-on work to the Kronos Advanced Scheduler module to build out shift templates, schedule zones, coverage counting, workload planner, and integrations to other 3rd party healthcare related applications.
It is important to note that because our client is currently live with Kronos v7.1 for 55, 000 employees, and the goal is to ultimately have this subsidiary Health System (comprising of 11, 000 employees and 5 different Hospitals) to be on that same instance of Kronos v7.1. With that said, there are Corporate Standards in place that will allow for SOME Autonomy in building this Kronos Advanced Scheduler system specifically to this subsidiary’ s wants and desires, but there are standardizations in place that this person must work within and cannot veer away from. With that said, the Org Map has been build and is already in place.
Note directly from Manager:
Serves as a mentor and project lead providing guidance to less experienced staff members. Establishes and maintains a consultative partnership with a business area/ client providing operational functional knowledge supporting the development of new/improved capabilities; translating business requirements to functional requirements, and identifying, defining and developing solutions to application and system problems. Serves as a primary contact and resource, by representing and interpreting client needs to technical staff and ensuring solutions meet overall client business needs and expectations. Possesses a considerable to extensive understanding of the business operation and functional area in order to appropriately evaluate and analyze business work flow and recommend alternative approaches in developing process improvement. Work activities require advanced competency in the application supported. Excellent communication and facilitation skills are needed to interface with varied interests and audiences, and solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to effectively develop solutions to application/process issues and maximize application capabilities in order to meet the clients business needs. At this level, the position acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in key area supported, design methodology or complex application. Incumbents at this level have generally functioned as “ super-user.” Serves a leadership role in providing direction to other team members and integrating possible solutions across operational/functional areas. Works with enterprise level applications and users that are deployed across multiple ministry organizations and geographic locations.
Our client is in need of 2 Sr. Level Kronos Advanced Scheduler Expert, who can do both hands-on Functional and Technical work with the Kronos Application, including doing all of the following:
- Requirements Gathering, Discovery Sessions, Design, Configuration, Testing, Deployment, Production Support, and End-User Trainer of Kronos Advanced Scheduler.
- Modifying existing Integrations / Interfaces using the WIM tool
- Expert level understanding of the Kronos Advanced Scheduler module.
- Experience with custom fields; ability to create, build, and configure custom fields based on business requirements
- Expert data mapping skills – ability to map data from custom fields / custom tables
- Testing newly developed WIM interfaces
- Creating test cases and executing test cases / scripts
- MUST HAVE: Recent Healthcare Advanced Scheduler Lead Implementation or Lead Project Experience.
- ? This person must be have completed a full-life cycle Implementation of Advanced Scheduler, for a Healthcare Client.
- This person must have experience Leading Advanced Scheduler Discovery Sessions in Hospitals and have been responsible for the entire build of Advanced Scheduler for a Healthcare client.
- Kronos hands-on experience doing all of the necessary requirements to complete a Full-Life Cycle Implementation of Kronos v7.1 Advanced Scheduler.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Leading Discovery Sessions with Various Hospital Department Leaders
- Gathering Detailed Requirements
- Design and Build of Advanced Scheduler Module; specifically:
- Building out shift templates, work rules, schedules, schedule zones, coverage counting, workload planner, etc.
- Hands-on configuration of Kronos Advanced Scheduler
- Hands-on Testing
- Hands-on creation and execution of detailed functional specifications
- Detailed Documentation throughout
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Acquisition Experience – specifically with bringing new HR employees from a legacy Time Keeping System into an existing live Kronos system.
- Extremely Proficient in Kronos v7.x Navigator.
- Bachelor' s degree in healthcare or Information Technology, and minimum of 3-5 years of related exp. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reasonable knowledge and exp. (3-5 years) utilizing healthcare software applications and interfaces preferred. Some understanding of system integration.
- Extensive experience configuring and document work rules, pay rules, business logic, and
Interfaces using WIM
- Experience developing the following: Person Import, Labor levels Import, Payroll export, Accruals export, CallIns, BuildUps and Reverse demographics from Kronos (at least v7.1) to various 3rd party systems such as PeopleSoft, Workday, and various 3rd party Scheduling softwares.
- In-depth understanding of Workforce Central implementation, configuration and functionality
- Very strong with Workforce Timekeeper (WTK)
- Kronos Workforce Analytics experience is HUGE
- Experience designing, building, and configuring Kronos Advanced Scheduler
- Configuring function access profiles
- Ability to multi-task working on multiple concurrent projects
Job Type: Contract