LINUX / WINDOWS SYS ADMIN
LINUX / WINDOWS SYS ADMIN
Candidate must have an Intelligence Community TS/SCI security clearance
Program and Job Description:
Our client is 6 years into this 8+ year contract. The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for Systems/Network Administration individuals to come and join their team in a rotational shift environment. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations. Additionally on-site support may be required for activity levels above the norm, supporting such events are site equipment recapitalization or surge for launch support. Support is required at hundreds of smaller sites that don’ t have a permanent team presence and team members will be sent to these locations on an “ as needed” basis.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Monitor system logs and activities.
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks.
- Implement network configurations for thin client hosts
- Deploy, harden, and administer multi-domain printers.
- Assist engineering with testing and implementation of upgrades.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Understanding of SCCM and other remote management tools
- Experience with thin client set-up and Active Direct
- Working experience with Redhat Linux 5.5 or newer
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of Linux thin clients hosting Windows VDI
- May program in BASH or Powershell
- Security+CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to resolve issues associated with system configuration management, resource sharing and basic networking concepts
- Ability to train users in applications and operating system fundamentals
- Ability to work closely with upper management and act as a liaison; make presentations to customers, client audiences, or professional peers
Job Type: Full Time
Some of our offerings include:
- FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD benefits premiums
- Weekly Pay Roll
- PTO/Holiday/Snow Day/Maternity/Paternity/Bereavement leave and pay
- Robust 401K Match
- $5K in annual Training
- Charity Event participation
- Family fun events (Sporting events, Fun Run)
- Adult fun events (Holiday Party, Dinners, Lunches, Happy Hours)
Job Type: FT