LINUX SYS ADMIN
Fort Meade, MD
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Candidate must have a TS/ SCI with Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Program / Project Description:
Our client provides Technical Solutions to this Intelligence Agency customer. They have a long term contract and are called upon as the go to Subject Matter Experts when it comes to implementing, integrating and maintaining software in a production environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Linux systems.
- Manages day-to-day operation, monitoring and problem resolution or IT systems. Daily activities include account management, installation and maintenance of operating system and application patches.
- Installs, configures and maintains required applications such as McAfee virus scanning tools, system event logging and auditing, configuration management tools, system health and monitoring tools, and IAVA compliance patching.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Configure and manages Linux operating systems and installs/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components.
- Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Provides recommendations on required hardware and systems configuration to improve overall system performance and security.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of system configuration and operating procedures.
- 6 years of experience with all facets of Linux system administration to include:
- RedHat / CentOS / Oracle
- Management of: Users & File Systems, Backups, Patches, Security, Networks
- Hardware administration/troubleshooting/installation
- Software installation, administration & troubleshooting
- Performance tuning
- 6 years of experience with all facets of administering a production system:
- System accreditation processes:
- System hardening
- Preparation for penetration and vulnerability testing
- System Monitoring & Health monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Use of customer’ s: software repositories, authentication services, network services, COOP facilities, SSP & asset management systems
- Experience with installation/management of Apache Tomcat, NiFi, Java, Browsers as well as Cisco Switch management/configuration
- Oracle ZFS storage appliance management/configuration
- Oracle Exadata
- Jira, Confluence, Git/software configuration management
- Bash/Perl/etc. scripting
- F5 BigIP administration
Job Type: Full Time