Linux Systems Administrator will learn Splunk
Linux Systems Administrator
Candidate must have TS SCI to be considered
This program is supporting a number of systems and requires a strong Linux administrator that can help maintain, support, and enhance an existing environment. The main focus of the Linux admin will be to learn and help support as an administrator.
Day to Day:
The Linux System Administrator’ s role is to support the technology infrastructure for the customer’ s primary monitoring tool for the enterprise. This means, troubleshooting, patches, fixes, updates, recovery, etc. This environment will be eventually moving to the corporate cloud.
In order to be effective in the role they must have a solid Linux Admin background because responsibilities include: installation, backups, patch maintenance, performance tuning, monitoring, hardware/software installs, de-installs, upgrades, and relocations to ensure no operational impacts occur.
The Administrator must have previous experience with Linux System Administration of medium to large server networks. System Administration tasking will include building, configuring, installing and maintaining CentOS servers. They will also be responsible for installing, configuring, and monitoring the AppDynamics software suite to operate at an optimal level. The Administrator will monitor and maintain the current AppDynamics software suite and existing AOD dashboards; and troubleshooting server/application problems. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn Splunk and work with it daily.
The candidate should have experience working in a team environment, demonstrate the ability to work independently, and possess the ability to work and communicate with the customer and Team Lead. The candidate must be willing to provide occasional after hours support during outages, releases, or as needed.
- Must fulfill LCAT (see above)
- Strong Linux System Administration background (other Linux flavors will do - CentOS, RedHat)
- Experience with system administration best practices (installations, backups, patching, performance tuning, monitoring, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS or cloud technologies
- MUST HAVE Security + before coming on board (no flex)
- Experience with Splunk Search Process Language
- Experience with dashboarding/dashboard techniques
- Experience with AppDynamics
Job Type: Full Time