Linux/Windows Sys Admin
LINUX & WINDOWS SYS ADMIN
Candidates must have a TS/SCI security clearance and willing to sit for a Polygraph in order to be considered.
Our client is the prime on a large program that provides Support to the customer’ s Mission Engineering Systems. The program is broken down into a Tier1/Tier2 Service Desk, which provides 24 x 7 x 365 Systems Support and the team includes Systems Administration Support, as well as Network and Hardware Systems Support and Information Assurance / Information Security Support. They also have an Tier 2 / Tier 3 Systems Administration team which provides O&M Support for their Unix/Linux Systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- System Administration is done primarily from the CLI; Command Line Interface
- May program or script in an various shell languages.
- Test and evaluate system functions and capabilities.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Perform the necessary research to resolve issues to conclusion
- 5+ years of LINUX/WINDOWS System Administration at the Command Line Interface (CLI):
- Unix shell command competency – should be able to:
- Interpret scripts as to their function
- Manipulate and edit files using copy, scp, diff and vi.
- Control and determine the state of services and daemons Manage process control
- Perform filesystem management (mount, unmount, fsck, swap, and mkfs, etc)
- Experience with the following processes and concepts:
- Ethernet networking and TCP/IP
- DoD 8570 compliant - Security+ CE or CCNA-Security certification.
- BS degree or equivalent
- ADVANCED candidates should have the knowledge of:
- Sendmail, IMAP
- ZFS administration
- Nameservices, NIS, NIS+, LDAP
- Xwindow services
- Printer Configurations (CUPS)
- Logical volume administration
- Disk Partitioning
- Zone administration
- Clustered file systems
Job Type: Full Time