Medical Device Sr. Packaging Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Medical Device Sr Packaging Engineer
The Sr. Packaging Engineer has the responsibility and authority to provide a lead role in the development, design, and verification of packaging materials/components for medical devices of the Neurosurgery business sector. This individual will be the SME for remediating legacy neurosurgery packaging. They will be responsible for upgrading old and outdated pouches and tertiary for their catheter product family. It is an absolute must that this person has knowledge of ISO 11607 regulations.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Lead packaging design verification activities across multiple product families of the Neurosurgery business.
• Lead packaging design change efforts and subsequent verification activities to verify updated packaging. This may include evaluation of new materials for device packaging.
• Leads the development and evaluation of prototypes, facilitates appropriate benchtop testing and performs overall analyses of design options.
• Directs vendor design and development of new packaging and monitors progress to ensure timely implementation of packaging components.
• Develops package testing verification protocols, analyses test data and results, and develops test reports.
• Faciliates or supports manufacturing builds of test samples needed for packaging design verification.
• Creates component specifications and drawings for procurement and inspection of packaging components.
• Develops packaging-related documentation supporting product manufacturing such as packaging assembly drawings.
• Trains manufacturing operators on proper packaging assembly.
Job Type: Contract