NETBACKUP SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
NETBACKUP SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for a System Administrator to come and join their Ops team. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations.
- Monitor and Manage day-to-day data backups and restores
- Monitor and manage robotic tape library media inventory and tape swaps
- NetBackup software installations and upgrades
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Maintains system documentation
- Coordinates software installations and provides backup recovery
- Installing/upgrading NetBackup clients, administration consoles and Ops Center.
- Standing up, maintaining (including upgrading) and troubleshooting physical and virtual master and media servers.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Configure backup devices such as robots, tape drives and diskpools
- Address all technical issues such as down drives, master and media servers and performance issues such as slow backups, restores failures, etc.
- Updates tickets according to policy
- 8+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of creating, modifying and troubleshooting backup jobs and policies, to include tape and disk backups, in physical and virtual environments.
- The candidate’ s knowledge of current backup solutions is required to support and troubleshoot with Cloud backup administrators and assist engineering as needed.
- Windows 2003, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 servers
- Server Cluster Management
- NetBackup 7.x-8.x & NetBackup OpsCenter 8.1
- Tier 3 experience required on NetBackup configuration, implementation and upgrade on various NetBackup versions
- Disk Storage Technologies (3PAR, EMC, Netapp)
- Disk and Tape Backups (Quantum, HP, Dell)
- Troubleshooting knowledge and techniques with NetBackup servers, cloud storage, tape libraries, NetBackup VM Intelligent backups, Storage Lifecycle Policies, Diskpools
- Basic File/Print server functionality
- Basic NTFS permissions knowledge
- Sec+CE, or CCNA-Security
- In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date.
- Amazon AWS EBS, S3, Glacier Technologies
- Knowledge of backing up to Amazon S3 buckets desirable. The backup knowledge must be current as we are moving servers / services into various Cloud environments.
Job Type: FT
Some of our offerings include:
- FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD benefits premiums
- Weekly Pay Roll
- PTO/Holiday/Snow Day/Maternity/Paternity/Bereavement leave and pay
- Robust 401K Match
- $5K in annual Training
- Charity Event participation
- Family fun events (Sporting events, Fun Run)
- Adult fun events (Holiday Party, Dinners, Lunches, Happy Hours)