NETWORK SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
NETWORK SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
Our client' s program manages the customer’ s Global Communication System and ensures that COMMS are up and running 100% of the time. They provide the engineering design services; software development; material procurement, logistics, integration, configuring, and shipping; installation; bandwidth procurement; operations; customer billing; and maintenance for terrestrial and satellite networks in hundreds of locations across the globe. They also interface with the end users at the hundreds of sites around the world to understand their current and future needs and coordinate new equipment installations or maintenance with them. They support terrestrial or satellite installation teams the opportunity to travel to places they’ ve only read about to install equipment that provides the new or upgraded services.
- The Network Solutions Architect will be responsible for working on both Enterprise Architecture and support execution of network solutions projects in the analysis and design stages.
- Work on network solutions projects on the short-range schedule, and will support the Terrestrial Networks Domain Architect in long-range planning and projects.
- Develop and revise plans and layouts for network communications solutions to be delivered to customers on our global data communications network.
- Present plans to the team’ s Domain Architects and the Chief Architect for review and feedback, and ready them for presentation at delivery project control gates.
- Considerations and requirements for network security will be developed in collaboration with the organization’ s Information Assurance and CyberSecurity staff.
- Develop expectations and requirements for hardware and software to support the needs of the various solutions network designs.
- Be responsible for the design solutions architectures for transition to project teams for execution within the framework of the designed models and develop models to predict future network needs, including reviews of current data traffic, estimating growth, considering the needs of traffic routing and shaping, and build outs of new technologies, including Software Defined Networks.
- This position requires demonstrated excellence in customer relationship management as well as thought leadership at the Enterprise Architecture and Network Engineering levels.
- The ideal candidate would have qualified experience with designing wide area networks and knowledge of new technologies such as Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
- Analyze the current state and support the design of objective future business operations in order to aid Government decision making
- Assist in assessing the alignment of services and technology with desired business/mission strategies and objectives, concept of operations, business processes, roles, organizational structures and technology standards.
- 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
- Expert knowledge of Global Wide Area Networks
- MUST HAVE WAN experience
- Enterprise Network Design Layout
- Experience with City to City connections
- Big Pipe experience (not small fiber)
- Routing and IP Address Translation (not so much IP Address Identification)
- 4+ years’ experience as a Network Systems Designer
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines:
- Systems, Software, or Network Engineering in an engineering or architecture role
- Proven ability as a process advocate and SME, including excellent skills in Configuration Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experienced developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
- Experience developing tier 1 and detailed requirements
- Experience with Software Defined Networks
- Experience working in JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Experience with medium Telco company best practices for network services
- Experience with networking protocols such as RSVP and OSPF to perform Traffic Engineering
- Experience with communications systems or in a commercial / industry communications organization
- Experience with Segment routing or Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING)
- Experience with Business Requirements Analysis
Job Type: FT