Candidate must have a Top Secret security clearance.
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Enterprise SATCOM Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. The team shall provide subject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and voice equipment.
- Perform IP satellite modem support to include configuration and issue of option/boot files.
- Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SATCOM and IP network issues.
- Remotely access and de-access customers into the IP/SATCOM networks.
- Verify equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and react to alarms as necessary.
- Remotely provide global equipment configurations at DoD SATCOM Gateways utilizing the Satellite Access Authorization (SAA) and Gateway Access Authorization (GAA).
- Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our client' s Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
- Experience working on networks, specifically with cisco switches and routers
- Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification
- Bachelor’ s degree and 2-4 yrs. of relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- IP/Networking experience including hands-on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IP Modems.
- Knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices
- Experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR).
- Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
- Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
- Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using iDirect or equivalent FM-TDMA hubs.
Job Type: Full Time