Ft. Meade, MD
Candidate must have a Secret level security clearance.
Our client is the prime contractor responsible for managing the DoD Information Network. This project oversees the development of SIPRNet Access Migration and how to architect and implement the network.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer will provide senior network integration engineering support for the implementation and operationalization of SIPRNet Access Migration (SAM) solution and the subsequent transition to service. This will include providing input and direct technical support to and for the SAM capabilities being brought into the network, to include the solution architecture, circuits, systems, hardware, software, code and services for the additional, new SAM capabilities.
The overall goal is to evolve the SIPRNet into a unified communications infrastructure with Ethernet Access and network encryption standardization / consolidation to align with JIE initiatives. The individual will need to develop Bills of Material and other design/architecture documentation and artifacts.
- Experience with designing of networks (using either Cisco or Juniper)
- Working with layer 3 VPN’ s
- Experience with encryptors such as KG175 or something similar
- Networking certification (CCNA, CCNP, JCNIA, JCNIP, etc.)
- Security+ or higher
- Experience working with DISA customer or on DISA networks
- Experience developing design/architecture documents and artifacts such as a bill of material
Job Type: FT