Candidate must have a Secret security clearance.
Our client is the prime contractor responsible for providing support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Analyzes organization’ s needs, conducts technical research, and implements appropriate solutions to meet Government needs and comply with established standards
- Ensures high availability of critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Recommends to the leadership new infrastructure technologies.
- Administers and configures Cisco based network infrastructure.
- Designs, plans, manages, maintains, and supports network-related infrastructure.
- Supports efforts with network design and technical direction.
- Ensures environment is properly maintained and designed to support the mission.
- Supports development and integration of applications and infrastructure services
- Assists with network coordination, identify flaws and resolve system integration issues.
- Identify improvements and introduce automation to improve processes and procedures.
- Establishes, configures, administers, and manages authentication and load balancing servers.
- Monitors security of devices and implement new configurations and upgrades for Enterprise devices.
- Monitors and reports Enterprise WAN bandwidth utilization and circuit latency.
- Plans and executes Enterprise software and hardware upgrades and revisions.
- Conducts system analyses to resolve configuration and equipment problems.
- Interfaces with third party vendors to assist with problem resolution.
- Serves as focal point for problem resolution for AFNCR Enterprise network issues.
- Experience providing enterprise network administration, configuration, and infrastructure management for servers, CISCO switches, CISCO routers, to include; wireless infrastructure, and Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
- Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR
Job Type: FT