Candidate must have a TS/SCI with poly security clearance.
Our client is the prime contractor on federally funded contract that is responsible for presenting customized products and solutions to meet the customers needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer is part of a professional services effort that provides research and development (R&D), engineering, and operations and maintenance (O&M) support to the government. The network engineer is responsible for the design, development and implementation of complex unified communication networks and application systems to meet the customer’ s mission oriented requirements. This includes skills and experience in standard SIP-based IP voice solutions (i.e. Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft or equivalent). The engineer will be responsible for creating detailed architecture designs for next generation voice technologies and creating engineering guidelines for enhancements based on current production deployments. This role will require candidates who are not only technically knowledgeable but also possess strong communications skills to effectively communicate with federal customers.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support of a VoIP network infrastructure and UC services to include TDM and IP-based trunking, voice routing design and configuration and unified messaging.
- Management of various aspects of Sponsor' s enterprise voice, and/or data communications networks through all system life-cycles phases, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, implementation and future migrations.
- Research and evaluating new/emerging technologies (hardware and software) and making recommendations to the engineering team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing architecture.
- Supporting the engineering team and the program' s leadership by managing the technical aspects of projects from inception to completion including technical assessments, design, planning, integration, testing, and implementation.
- Assisting engineering team with creating detailed architecture designs for next generation voice technologies and creating engineering guidelines for enhancements based on current production deployments.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation (network designs, SOPs, User Guides, etc.) to support current operation procedures and processes.
- Serve as an escalated Tier 3 resource for trouble tickets and work orders for network services and voice network infrastructure devices.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring across Tier 2/3 engineering team.
- Experience with administering, configuring, deploying hardware such as session border controllers, TDM/IP gateways, Softswitches and/or IP PBXs.
- Experience with administering, configuring, and deploying unified communications solutions such as integration of real-time communication technologies (voice, video, messaging) and mobile applications.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and other LAN/WAN protocols. Strong knowledge of fundamental IP routing and switching protocols (OSPF, STP, VTP) and technologies (IPSEC VPN, NAT, QoS). Hands-on experience with Cisco and Juniper routing, switching and security products desired.
- Experience with establishing small to medium network solutions including all phases from design, implementation and documentation. Ability to monitor and troubleshoot network problems or outages when they arise.
- Expertise in VoIP architectures and VoIP technologies, particularly Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Secure SIP, H.323 protocol families as well as the interworking of these protocols with traditional circuit switched networks and protocols networks (ISDN, ISUP and SS7).
- Hands-on experience with administering, configuring, and deploying IP telephony voice solutions such as testing, configuration and administration of call control applications (Cisco Call Manager, Avaya Session Manager or equivalent), voice gateways, session border controllers (SBCs) and IP endpoints.
- Basic to intermediate system administration experience with Linux and/or Windows platforms.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5 routing, switching and security products.
- Experience with Sonus Networks products.
Job Type: FT