Ft. Meade, MD
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
Our client is the prime on a federally funded contract that has an immediate need for a lead network engineer. The contract is responsible for the maintenance, protection, and evolution of the Department of Defense Information Network.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The candidate will provide expert level technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements. The engineer should have voice or IP experience and be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network performance and reliability. The candidate will conduct network testing, supervise technology insertion, and evaluate developmental systems and applications, as well as provide functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel. Support senior staff as required and ensure customer requirements and project milestones are met. Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or " burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required.
- Knowledge of IP principles
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services
- Proficiency in at least two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or Junos Space
- JNCIP is preferred
Job Type: Full Time