Ft. Meade, MD
Candidates must have Secret Clearance
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident network Engineer to partner with the network team, program, and government customers to perform the duties as an Network Engineer located in Ft. Meade. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
In this role you will be in a lead of a small team responsible for all hands on work involving the installation and administration of Cisco switches and routers, Palo Alto firewalls and network management tools supporting the networks on different domain classifications of the customer. The Network Engineer is responsible for deployment, integration, troubleshooting, installations, maintenance, cutovers and sustainment of IT backbone components. Maintain, support, and troubleshoot several classified, unclassified, standalone and forward facing networks to include: NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, and other networks as required. Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures. Collaborates, designs and plans for network upgrades, capability enhancements and mission systems.
- Demonstrated Network Engineering experience, including understanding of LAN/WAN operations and TCP/IP concept
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Managing Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Managing Port Security
- Monitoring firewall traffic and configuring rule sets
- Experience configuring and managing VLANs
- STIG reviews and implementation
- Working knowledge of the VPN and the Internet Protocol
- Security (IPsec) that enables VPNs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists
- CCNA or CCNP
- Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as SolarWinds
- Experience with Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
Job Type: FT