Candidate must have a Top Secret security clearance.
We are seeking for a network engineer who will be on a team responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA' s Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer will be on a team responsible for the migration of networks that are located globally and integrating them into JRSS. The team goes through multiple phases and is responsible for end-to-end migration. This includes everything from the planning and discovery of how to migrate, to the remote configuration and troubleshooting. The network engineer will assist in each phase of the process and need to consider all aspects of network migration from switching and routing to firewalls.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Orchestrate the project end-to-end
- Analyze discovery information and determines requirements for migration; Provides gap analysis at the start of the
- project; Directs team members and reviews results
- Deconflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
- Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
- Controls all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Define migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by PM
- Tracks task status against ASI schedule and adjusts implementations as
- Experience with Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching)
- Experience with BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
- Experienced with in-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
- Knowledge of Layer 3 network engineering
- IAT Level II 8570 Certification
- F5 load balancers
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco ASRs
Job Type: FT