Network Engineer tier 3
This job requires a ts-sci with a polygraph
Program Background: The program is seeking an experienced a Network Security Engineer with progressive-to senior level experience in network operations and network security technologies.
Position requires a high degree of technical proficiency and familiarity with software and network security issues as well as systems administration experience. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of Cisco routers and switches with a solid understanding of routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, etc. Understanding and experience with tier 2 and more importantly 3 Network engineering and having that level of experience will ensure success for this person.
Day to Day:
this person is going to be coming in and managing daily tasks for status pf projects, and working very close with the customer. They will be making all kinds of recommendations that effect all areas of the program.
Having good attention to detail and a willingness to document and provide status of projects is a must. Candidate should have a customer interfacing background as well as excellent verbal and presentation skills. Qualified candidate must be able to work independently and on multiple projects/activities concurrently and recommend future direction or projects to management. A strong network engineering background and clear understanding of network configurations and topologies. Windows/UNIX /CISCO scripting. Firewall IDS/IPS experience. Solid knowledge of Visio. Occasional after hours work is expected. This person will also be working user Service Requests – monitor, resolve, update and close tickets and working user Service Restoration Requests – monitor, resolve, update and close tickets.
- Background with a variety of IT systems, networks, hardware, and software
- Experience maintaining complex IT infrastructures
- configuration of network sytsems (CISCO) (Juniper)
- Experience with Cisco network equipment and configuration and Cisco VTC equipment, and Cisco Call Managers.
- network design tier 3
- • Working knowledge of network related Cisco platforms: Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems.
- Working knowledge/understanding of the following:
• Analysis of Data Flows
• IP addressing
• OSI model
- working with router recaps , tunneling
- CCNA Certification
Use of Sophos