Program Manager Global Transformation
Program Manager Global Transformation
Our client is a Global Retail Organization in the Restaurant / Food & Beverage Industry that is in the midst of a major Global Transformation with several large initiatives beginning across the entire organization.
The Program Manager is responsible for planning, managing and executing large program initiatives and projects beneath the program, in line with the Global Transformation strategy. The Program Manager will work within the approved business cases, in order to support the strategic goals and initiatives of the Company. This role will support projects beneath the program, affecting multiple business units, large end-use populations, corporate client delivery, applications (as needed) and other areas of delivery within the organization. This position will take the lead on multiple projects under the Global Transformation Program, and will manage the planning, requirements, problem solving, task assignments, schedule monitoring, escalation, status gathering and project closure. The ideal candidate is expected to have a strong technical background with multiple technologies and high proficiency in professional project management methodologies managing projects expectations, scope, risk and changes. They must also have experience running program level initiatives within a structured project and team environment.
It is very important that these Project Managers are familiar and comfortable with Agile and Scrum Methodologies as the waterfall method is not something they use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key competencies needed for this position include the ability to think strategically and communicate directly and clearly. The potential candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written), an ability to handle multiple projects, work well under pressure, remain in budget, time and resource conscious and can effectively partner with teams throughout the business.
- Define the scope of the program and sub-projects in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Establish, manage and control project scope through a structured project management process, during the entire lifecycle through implementation.
- Communicate and collaborate with business leaders to define strategic and tactical solutions for their business units.
- Confer with business units, stakeholder department managers and representatives to ensure projects are meeting defined business objectives.
- Work with cross-functional teams, functional managers and project support staff (Architects, DBAs, etc.) to create, maintain and manage the project schedule
- Full system/application development life cycle management; gather business requirements, risk management, application and database design, securing coding methodologies, testing, training, implementation and deployment.
- Build strong teams; encourage a culture of team-engagement while planning for and acquiring team resource needs; making the most effective use of people involved with the project. This entails the day-to-day team management, team communication, identifying and leveraging strong skills, proactively addressing issues and risks to deliver the project at the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and costs.
- Manage project execution, coordinate all involved internal and external parties and monitor consistency with the project plan and approved changes, in order to cost efficiently realize the project plan and satisfied customers with minimal risks.
- Document project activities; maintain project procedures, systems and methodologies, in order to contribute to the consistent and high quality project management governance.
- Project Communication; ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information. Preparing project status updates and keeping management, key stakeholders and others informed of risks, projects status and related issues.
- Ensure the successful hand-over of the project into IT and the business in order to support the achieving of the business benefits and strategy
- Help implement a culture that supports drive, ownership, partnership and accountability.
Required skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Require PMP certification or PgMP (Program Management Professional)
- 10+ years of post-degree professional experience within the Retail, Food Service, Operations, Marketing, Technology or Consulting industry
- Experience in multiple project roles, team leadership and large projects management
- Proactive, personal drive, decisiveness, business acumen, excellent communication and teamwork skills, organizational competency and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work with business users, understand their needs, and translate such into final project deliverables.
- Ability to work with technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, Oracle ERP, CRMs and mobile technologies a plus.
- Experience with Visio, Excel and MS Project
- Ability to quickly grasp various business concepts.
- Understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Strong planning, estimating and cost management skills across all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience in information security, data security, vendor and third-party management
- Function as a leader throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work with a number of constituencies and to drive team performance
- Ability to work cross functionally and encourage cooperation among different departments
- Ability to present and communicate to senior level management
- Public company experience a plus, including SOX controls and change management
This person will be responsible for working with all levels of employees at this organization, and on a day-to-day basis with C-Level executives who are very hands-on and involved in these large Strategic Projects. This person will need to be extremely well spoken and able to communicate effectively and efficiently to ensure he or she is getting the information needed for the project from the necessary people, both internally and externally.
This Program Manager must be assertive yet elegant in their leadership and management style. These PM’ s must also have the ability to lead meetings, identify problems, purpose changes based on best practice experience, and ability to take charge and own their particular Strategic Initiative.
Job Type: Contract