SAP Project Manager
SAP Project Manager
Overview: The client is large organization amidst working on brand new SAP module implementation and has an immediate need for a mid-senior level SAP Project Manager to assist.
Manage programming and technical teams through the development and implementation process to drive for results while staying on track, in scope and within forecast. Responsible for logistical support and planning, resource deployment, control of deliverables including deployment and acceptance, financial management, and documentation. Manage day-to-day activities of multiple complex business-sponsored IT projects to deliver tasks on time, within budget, and within scope. Responsible for managing, directing and planning complex projects consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for success of the project(s).
• Leads project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal and external project team members.
• Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
• Manages to the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
• Proactively identifies additional cost-savings to reduce overall project expenditures.
• Manages the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team.
• Acts as the liaison between project team members and/or the Program Manager to ensure that expectations and objectives are clearly understood by all parties, and to communicate project information including the status of deliverables, scope changes, and issues.
• Manages the scope of the project, and ensures that scope changes are reviewed and approved by the Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager and Business Sponsor where appropriate.
• Evaluates project activities utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall project effort.
• Adheres to project management methodology by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practices, and identifying areas for process improvement.
• Monitors and holds project resources accountable for meeting performance metrics.
• 10+ years of Project Management experience.
• Strong Project Management skills, including application delivery control, closure/acceptance, financial administration, and documentation.
• Must have end-to-end project experience including Logistical Support/Planning, Plan Execution/Task Management, Resource Deployment/Management, and Implementation/Rollout/Delivery.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with CIOs, business sponsors and stakeholders with a high level of confidence.
• Energetic, quick learner, able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Excellent communication and liaison skills.
• PMP certification and experience with Agile.
- Experience required with Clarity, MS Project, or a similar PPM tool
- Manufacturing company experience
- System integration experience
Strong Communication Skills Required
SAP/ SEF Specific Requirements:
- 8-10+ years of SAP IT Project Management experience
- 8-10+ years of end to end SAP IT development Lifecycle experience
- 10+ years of experience guiding and facilitating executive level business decisions and performing business analysis in cooperation with clients
- Experienced as an SAP Project Manager leading teams of 25+ on-site/ Off-shore
- Multi-country / global implementations projects with End to End full Cycle ERP implementation, Rollouts, Rollins and Upgrade projects and Dash boards, Data warehouse, KPI evaluations
- Transformation program experience (large-scale)
- SAP functional and / or technical experience with core SAP functional areas (e.g., Logistics, Manufacturing, Finance (S4 - desired)) or core SAP technical areas (e.g., Development, BASIS, BI/BW)
- Detailed knowledge of the SAP ASAP methodology (desired)
- Extensive experience working for a Tier 1 or comparable systems integrator in SAP delivery-focused leadership roles (desired)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple stakeholder groups through the life-cycle of a project / program – i.e., client, consultant, 3rd party (SAP or another vendor)
Job Type: Contract