SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
NETWORK ENGINEER - SENIOR
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered
Program and Job Description:
Our client is 2 ½ years into this 8+ year contract. The contract provides IT Support Services to the customer, including Service Desk (Help Desk and Desk Top), Application, Systems and Network Support Services. Their Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (CND and IA) group provides Information Security (INFOSEC) to the customer’ s network. Because the customer allows their user community to access their personal email accounts while on site, there is a lot of spam hitting their network regularly. This contract is responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 protection of the customer’ s network from maliciously intended viruses and attacks on their network. As part of this they are looking for Network Control Specialists to come and join their team in a rotational shift environment. The contract supports a number of geographically distributed locations throughout the United States in addition to a small number of OCONUS locations. Additionally on-site support may be required for activity levels above the norm, supporting such events are site equipment recapitalization or surge for launch support. Support is required at hundreds of smaller sites that don’ t have a permanent team presence and team members will be sent to these locations on an “ as needed” basis.
- Utilizes the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event, incident, and configuration management on Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) and Internet Protocol/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) technigues.
- Monitors and investigates Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoots network incidents, documents findings, remotely restores services/recommends fix actions, and dispatches maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is possible.
- Coordinates and implements network changes in accordance with established communications maintenance activity (CMA) processes and procedures.
- Performs traffic engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA.
- Collects relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provides engineered solutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via Return Maintenance Authorization (RMA).
- Reports Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
- Maintains Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APOI) per customer direction in conjunction with DoD 8570 Requirements.
- Strong Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network Engineering experience.
- MUST HAVE Network Engineering experience in large (20, 000+ nodes) environment.
- Working knowledge of the terrestrial network infrastructure including hardware (routers, switches, etc.), technologies, (fiber, copper, etc.), protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP/MPLS, Spanning Tree, etc.) and WAN’ s (standard connectivity and data rate, etc.).
- Must possess experience with CISCO routers (1841’ s, 3745’ s, 3845’ s, 76XX’ s, etc.), routed networks, routed and routing protocols as well as in-depth knowledge of CISCO, Foundry and Juniper switches (i.e. CAT 3550’ s, CAT 3750’ s, CAT 6500’ s, FES 2402’ s, FES 4802’ s, etc.).
- Must have the ability to interpret and resolve customer requirements, perform configuration management of multiple IP networks, complete software updates of equipment, perform network troubleshooting, and improve network performance.
- CCNP or JNCIP (Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional)
- HP OpenView
Job Type: FT