SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Program and Project Description:
Our client' s program manages the customer’ s Global Communication System and ensures that COMMS are up and running 100 of the time. They provide the engineering design services; software development; material procurement, logistics, integration, configuring, and shipping; installation; bandwidth procurement; operations; customer billing; and maintenance for terrestrial and satellite networks in hundreds of locations across the globe. They also interface with the end users at the hundreds of sites around the world to understand their current and future needs and coordinate new equipment installations or maintenance with them. They support terrestrial or satellite installation teams the opportunity to travel to places they’ ve only read about to install equipment that provides the new or upgraded services.
As part of this they are looking for a Network Provisioning Engineer to work in Fairfax, VA. Candidate will work as part of this 17 person team in a fast paced environment. The Network Provisioning team transitions, troubleshoots, modifies and removes services within the production network, while controlling the risk of failure and disruption. He/she will act as the primary interface between design and operations, maintain the approved network configuration standard, minimize risk during provisioning changes, and provide accurate reliable documentation of all network services.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve outages and other problems during implementation with Cisco and Juniper routers, Cisco switches, Juniper firewalls, and out-of-band modems.
- Network Engineering of Circuits, Updating Service
- Administer configuration changes to Juniper and Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper firewalls.
- Perform documentation, verification and implementation of changes on a live production network.
- Situational troubleshooting potentially requires the analysis of many network devices and data points.
- The role also requires regular interaction with a number of standard and proprietary tools, which include communication, alerting documentation, automation and scripts.
- BS degree and 11+ years of telecommunication analysis experience at a MINIMUM
- 4-6 years of Operational network experience in a command-line oriented environment, working with LAN/WAN infrastructure and administration.
- Understanding of the OSI model, with a focus on layer 1 through 3.
- Understanding and working knowledge of network infrastructure including cabling, switching, routing, firewall functionality and services.
- Understanding of routing protocols and the ability to troubleshoot routing issues, specifically MPLS, BGP and OSPF.
- Circuit testing experience using IxChariot / Ixia or EXFO equipment.
- 6+ years operational network experience in a command-line oriented environment.
- CISCO CCNA or CCIP certification.
- Juniper JNCIA or JNCIP certification.
Job Type: FT