This organization is in the pharmaceutical industry and need a strong SOC analyst. They have a formal Security Operations Center and locations all around the U.S. The SOC Analyst brought on needs a career background as a security engineer/SOC expert. The person hired will be working on several small projects along with daily threat mitigation support.
Day to Day tasks:
This person will support an existing SOC that has already been established. They use an MSSP for Tier 1support and Tier 2 support is handled internally by the SOC support team. This person will support security processes and the technologies used to deal with any security infractions. As a SOC analyst this person will handle daily support activities; monitoring, analysis, threat mitigation, incident response, forensic analysis, vulnerability management, etc. At the same time the person will work on several small projects, the first being focused around DLP. They are in the middle of selecting which DLP software they will go with, so this person will assist with the install of this software. The expert will need hands on experience supporting IDS/IPS, firewalls, vulnerability scanners, web filtering, VPNs, DLP, and a variety of reporting tools. The client is not concerned with someone having any one type of software experience versus another it is more that as a SOC expert they have supported the above related activities in order to know how to hit the ground running. They will need to be comfortable and must have proven experience handling Tier 2 related issues with security breaches and must be comfortable working a variety of the SOC support related areas. This person needs to have at least 5 years of hands on SOC related experience.
- SOC Support analyst 5 years
- Security Engineer support work
- Threat mitigation and threat analysis
- Incident response, reporting, escalation, and forensics support
- Vulnerability scanning/support, ticket resolution
- Tier 2 security support
- Well-spoken and versatile within a SOC
- DLP support and or install work (any variety of DLP software’ s)
- Firewalls, web filtering, scanning, IDS, IPS, etc.
- Experience in a small team environment
- Security monitoring and rule sets & handling compromised accounts
Job Type: Contract