SR. LINUX SYS ADMIN
Annapolis Junction, MD
SR. LINUX SYS ADMIN
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
Our client provides Technical Solutions to this Intelligence Agency customer. They have a long term contract that provides Engineering, Operations and Maintenance support to the customer. This team works in a Contractor facility SCIF off site in an area of the customer that provides encryption security for incoming and outgoing. The program they have developed is also being sued by a few dozen other customers and has a high visibility.
- Provide system implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support on Linux & Windows systems
- Manage days to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution of IT systems, as well as install, configure, and maintain required applications such as McAfee, system event logging & auditing, configuration management tools, system heavy monitoring tools, and IAVA compliance patching
- Work with team to identify, recommend, implement, and document future system & IT service enhancements.
- Create and maintain documentation related to the overall IT environments and associated procedures.
- Support OCBs efforts after normal duty hours.
- Provides IT and MIS process and procedure consulting or systems engineering services.
- Functions as a lead consultant in the areas of developing new or re-engineering processes to ensure quality and efficiency within an organization' s IT infrastructure.
- At least 10 years hands on experience supporting Linux
- Strong scripting experience such as Powershell and batch jobs to help automate the process
- MUST be a self starter
- Strong knowledge of networks / network environments
- Experience with as many of the following:
- Solaris/Trusted Solaris/Linux/ or other Unix or Windows operating system
- Storage technology including Disc/Tape/SAN/NAS/DAS
- Network technology including but not limited to LAN/WAN
- DevOps (Puppet), Ansible, Chef
- Database technology (Oracle, Sybase, SAP, DB2, etc).
- Familiarization or working knowledge of Oracle' s database, WebLogic, and OEM products a plus
Job Type: Full Time