SW QA TESTER
SW QA TESTER
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in order to be considered.
This program is responsible for building, designing and maintaining a technical environment for the customer to be able to run and use its analytics tools. Their major efforts are focused around bringing everything up into the AWS Cloud. The application tester will provide functional and automated application testing support for an enterprise advanced discovery capability aimed at unstructured data. Candidate will have primary responsibility for developing and maintaining test plans and test cases, including functional testing, integration and regression testing. They will be expected to work cohesively with other IT testers, collaborate with testers from other teams, participate and contribute to peer reviews and actively contribute to process improvements.
- Provide manual and automated testing of various software products
- Document defects
- Execute test cases and report defects to the software team
- Understand the requirements and write test cases
- Document and interpret business and technical requirements for testing utilizing various development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative)
- Serve as a trainer and update user guide documentation
- Create and deliver the test workflow framework and procedure for the sponsor' s applications.
- Develop and execute automated test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing
- Consult with the entire team to coordinate and test applications
- Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment
- Support off-hours deliveries or periodic off-hours functional testing
- Document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures in Sponsor' s issue tracking software
- Maintain currency on test tools, methodologies, and technologies
- Experience testing web-based applications developed using technologies such as: Java or J2EE.
- Test automation or software development experience with at least two automated test tool (Selenium web driver preferred, similar tools accepted).
- Software development life cycle, test-driven development and Enterprise Lean Agile or other Agile methodologies.
- Experience creating test plans, test cases/criteria that meet the system requirements, test scripts to include documentation, as well as experience using JIRA for issue tracking. Create and deliver the test workflow framework and procedure for the sponsor' s applications.
- Testing across back-end, service tier, and presentation layers, including a variety of graphical user interfaces.
- Perl and/or other scripting languages
- Unix/Linux operating systems, as well as experience working from a shell or command prompt
- Knowledge of database query languages, such as SQL, to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed.
- Ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and no n-technical audiences
Job Type: FT