Colorado Spring, CO
Program Requires a TS SCI with CIP
The Program is seeking a Systems Engineer to join a team of skilled, diverse individuals. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside systems engineers, testers, Developers, and operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development.
Candidate will be a member of a team tasked with the design, development and integration of new and legacy software components.
Day to day:
This Systems Engineer responsibilities include all aspects of the development life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, integration and validation, with strong software troubleshooting ability. Candidate must be able take requirements and engineer solutions for those particular requirements and work with developers to help design software components/interfaces to create an integrated suite of applications, but won’ t actually be doing the development piece. They will also be working to sustain and maintain architecture. Must be able to lead a small team through design, and integration while performing technical duties as well. Must work well in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills. Additional duties include providing inputs to tasking, schedules, and estimates for new work.
- Security PLUS or higher for 85/70 compliance
- System engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of virtualization design, development, testing methodologies; experience with VMware (vCenter) and supporting launches ULA/SpaceX
- SPACE command or Satcom Background
- Any RHEL (LINUX command understanding)
- Virtual machine troubleshooting and performance issues
- Microsoft Windows server experience with multi-user applications
- Redhat server experience with multi-user applications
**MAJOR PLUS** understanding the engineering behind the following
- Familiarity with inter-process communication protocols (CORBA, JavaBeans, RPC, WebLogic Message Queue)
- Familiarity with Kratos ISI EPOCH Integrated Product Suite (IPS)
Job Type: Contract