SaaS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Annapolis Junction, MD
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph in order to be considered
Program / Project Description:
Our client' s program is providing Engineering Infastructure service to the customer, customizing it, implementing it and adding new functionality to it. This is very similar to providing updates to the customer Infrastructure Cloud Utility and adding a lot of new functionality to the Cloud. As part this they are looking someone to work with the current Platform as a Service (PaaS) team to maintain the existing OpenShift-based system and deliver the next generation of OpenShift capabilities in an OpenStack-based infrastructure.
More specifically, they implemented “ OPEN SHIFT”, which is an Open Source product called Platform as a Service (PaaS) and is based in Ruby or Rails, vs “ OPEN STACK”, which is an Open Source product called Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). At its core, instead of provisioning VM’ s, it provisions applications using SC Linux constructs to be able to wall off users on the VM. The customer hosts production services on Open Shift and in to tailor their needs.
- Infrastructure as a Service - OpenStack, OpenShift, AWS
- Extensive development of scripts and software in Python, Bash, Ruby
- Linux system administration
- Deployment/Configuration management tools - Ansible (preferred), Salt, Puppet, Chef,
- Docker, Kubernetes, other container technologies
- BS and 12+ years of relevant experience
Job Type: FT