SaaS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Annapolis Junction, MD
Candidate MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph in order to be considered
Program / Project Description:
Our client' s program is providing Engineering Infastructure service to the customer, customizing it, implementing it and adding new functionality to it. This is very similar to providing updates to the customer Infrastructure Cloud Utility and adding a lot of new functionality to the Cloud. As part this they are looking someone to work with the current Platform as a Service (PaaS) team to maintain the existing Docker / OpenShift-based system and deliver the next generation of capabilities. Similar and competing products to Docker are Rancher and Kubernetes.
More specifically, they looking for a Systems Engineer that wants to take their Virtualization experience to a new level and get into the latest greatest of containerizing their Software Deployments. At its core, instead of provisioning with VM’ s and VCenter, Docker provisions applications using SC Linux constructs to be able to wall off users on the VM. The customer hosts production services on Open Shift and to tailor their needs.
- Infrastructure as a Service - OpenStack, OpenShift
- Development of scripts and software in Python, Bash, Ruby
- Linux system administration
- Deployment/Configuration management tools - Ansible (preferred), Salt, Puppet, Chef,
- Docker, Kubernetes, other container technologies
- BS and 12+ years of relevant experience