Solaris Systems Admin
Valley Forge, PA
Solaris Systems Admin
Candidate must have a TS
Our client is primed on a government program that is seeking a Solaris Systems Admin to join a cutting-edge team in King of Prussia, PA.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Systems admin will support on-going contracts in different facets to design, develop, integrate, deliver and support new data storage, compute, and dissemination systems to customer data centers. We focus on adapting leading open-source technologies and architectures to modernize legacy solutions. The work supports the foundation of a new generation of enterprise capabilities. They will configure data center hardware (servers, network appliances, etc.) for operations, to include firmware installation/updates/settings, IP addressing, and other I/O settings. The ideal candidate will also Test new features, capabilities, and versions of equipment firmware prior to release for operations. Other responsibilities include-
- Linux based environment
- Integration of systems and root cause analysis.
- Perform system requirements, system design, system validation and verification, and factory support of fielded data center systems, factory test systems, and internal R&D systems.
- Provide multiple project scheduling and technical guidance, mentorship, and leadership of junior admins and technicians.
- Support management and customers in proposals, technical meetings, and milestone activities.
- Evaluate complex requirements based on contracts, technical specifications, and customer briefings to define system requirements and develop organized actionable tasks.
- Determine individual equipment, technology, and protocol suitability for system integration.
- Develop and evaluate trade spaces for alternative approaches and solutions.
- Develop and present system-level diagrams, briefings, and technical presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Validate systems documentation; documentation includes rack drawings, system interconnects, power tables, site-wide system installation plans, sparing plans, and operations manuals.
- Validate and verify systems-level connectivity for operations, to include servers, management appliances, local area networking equipment, and wide area networking equipment.
- Develop, execute, and update test plans in support of factory, site, and ad hoc test milestones; includes goals, architecture, environment, and validation of test procedures.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or IT field of study and 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Hands on Solaris Experience(Solaris 11)/Unix
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Command / CENTOS.
- VMware experience
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Visual Studio/ Eclipse
- Experience with encryption devices and Wide Area Networking (WAN) protocols to include ATM and SONET
- Experience with Infiniband protocol
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent DoD 8570 certification