Supplier Quality Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Medical Device Supplier Quality Engineer
Environment: Our client is a large medical device manufacturer that develops a number of Class II & III Medical Devices.
Our client is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to support new product transferring from a European facility. They will be qualifying them as a new supplier even though they are a sister company. They will be responsible for End-to-End quality and sustainability with allocated supply base, validate and release components, and support the definition and implementation of supplier quality functional excellence initiatives. They will ensure the company receives top quality product and service at all times. They will be Investigating root cause and make recommendations on how to proceed with suppliers who do not meet that requirement.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Interface directly with suppliers to follow up on quality and performance issues; manages Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
• Perform on-site and remote supplier quality audits for new suppliers; participates in supplier approval process.
• Document and follow up on audit results and required actions to be addressed by the supplier.
• Track, analyze, and report supplier performance metrics to stakeholders within quality, logistics, and manufacturing management using the appropriate software tools.
• Perform problem analysis, process, and machine capability studies as required; determine and propose statistical process controls for appropriate supplier processes.
• Develop professional expertise; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Medical AND Automotive experience
- PPAP (Production part approval process, an automotive supply chain process
Job Type: Contract