Ft. Meade, MD
Candidate must have a TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
Our client is the prime on a contract that supports a government customer. The program is the key vehicle responsible for security systems design, installation and maintenance for the customer. It supports facilities and personnel globally and is key to their success.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The team is support a 24/7 operation that is remotely supporting a global system. The systems administrator will be responsible for Microsoft server administration, managing VMware and virtualization efforts, and must have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL databases.
The position requires proactive system administration including maintaining the health of the system, responding to events and issues that occur, and providing support over the phone to end users.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about system security and receive training on different systems and network security systems. The candidate will have the chance to advance the their IT skill sets and become experts in the security field.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Manage physical security system support to meet service level agreements
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Triage customer support calls, providing Tier 1 help desk support and Tier 2 escalation
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Requires system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- IAT LEVEL 2 Security +
- Requires 10 years of relevant experience, a bachelor' s degree in a technical discipline with 5 to 7 years of experience, or 3 to 5 of experience with a Master' s degree
- Install and configure VMware
- Configure and manage Nutanix Platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- Configure network components
- Certification in Lenel OnGuard
Job Type: Full Time