Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
Our client is the prime on a government program. ALKU is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to perform test of a COTS products for an intercom system that is part of a command and control weapon system. The role includes the integration, verification and validation (IV&V) of an existing intercom system. The candidate should be knowledgeable of the Systems Engineering life-cycle and capable to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines through all phases of development, test and delivery.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Understand and represents projects or groups through design, integration, testing, and delivery support.
- Apply communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Implement integration solutions combining software and hardware systems. Maintenance, creation, update of integration and test environments.
- Excel as part of a small test team exercising feature level capability and coordination of customer selloff, implementing automated testing when possible, and supporting the update process for operations manuals, work instructions, tools, and scripts.
- Contribute to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.
- Perform complex system engineering analyses including trade studies.
- Attends technical interchange meetings with team members and multiple disciplines.
- Provides status on assigned tasks.
- Background in integration, verification and validation (IV&V)
- Understanding of industry standard system architecture tools
- Solid understanding of systems security
- Solid understanding of system testing methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall program.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically
- Requires a minimum of 6+ years’ relevant experience or 4 years with MS/MA or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or 3 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
- Experience supporting Intelligence or DoD
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to systems engineering lifecycles
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity management
- Experience with Network architecture and design
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
Job Type: FT