Tactical Targeting Developer
Tactical Targeting Developer
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
The candidate will be part of team supporting users in Ft. Bragg that ultimately provide support to end users that are OCONUS. The developer will be a key part in a team that is extremely mission critical and need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are critical as the candidate will be working across multiple environments.The team is supporting end users that are OCONUS, so must be comfortable with travel, although it is unlikely.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The developer is the primary code writer within the multi-disciplinary Agile Development team and an integral member of the organization' s analytic teams. The developer will interact with personnel internal and external to the organization to receive and validate requirements. Fundamentally, they decompose problems into solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. The developer subsequently prepares design specifications, conceptual diagrams, process flows, data models, prototypes, user interface designs, use cases, screen layouts, test plans, deployment plans, system documentation, and occasionally user documentation and product demonstrations.
The developer shall provide iterative support to the full software life cycle, to include late stage solutions with additions, updates, and fixes. The developers suggest and implement configuration management tools to keep code integrity and utilize code reuse and reconstitution as well as utilize management and tracking utilities, such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar. The developer shall provide desk side and group training sessions and materials to help non-technologists learn new technologies, tools, and skills.
Day to Day tasks include the following:
- Managing and advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Actively utilizing Agile methods
- Extract, transform, load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques
- Processing, and managing large data sets (multi TB scale)
- Provided direct support to SOF and F3EA efforts
- Proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
- Multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, Windows, CISCO IOS, etc
- Background or experience with SIGINT and relevant data sets
- Multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks including Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, Elastic Search, etc. for the purposes of conducting analytic algorithm design and implementation
- NoSQL database such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and hBase
- Experience with all intelligence disciplines (GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT) and an expert level understanding of the data and tools associated with these disciplines
- Analytic algorithm design and implementation
- Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, and JSON
- Developing software in the GIS context and be comfortable with associated standards including but not limited to ESRI Development Environment, Python Scripting, etc.
Job Type: Full Time