Technology and Engineering Specialist
TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
Candidates MUST HAVE a TS/SCI security clearance in scope, in order to be considered.
Program / Project Description:
The mission of the contract is to provide the customer with computer forensic and exploitation mitigation of the systems that have been effected by malicious and nefarious software virus attacks.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- They want someone that is a TIER 2 Support person. Someone that can troubleshoot machines that are Linux, Windows or Mac based. They have to know how to get down into the components within the machine, rather than user error issues. Ideally, they want a Security+, Network + certified candidate (although this is not required) to take on Systems and Network Administration duties.
- Provide forensic infrastructure engineering expertise in support of exploitation lab operations
- Using existing designs and technical requirements, build up computer equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, storage, processing, and data communications
- Image systems and build and maintain images
- Troubleshoot hardware, computer/server configuration skills, repair and test workstations, servers, and networks
- Analyze equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design
- Create and maintain technical procedures, documentation and manuals
- Compile and analyze operational data and directs testing to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes
- Perform a variety of system administration functions
- Troubleshoot OS within a PC
- Use their Windows Hardware Experience on Dell/HP/Custom machines to fix / install NIC cards, Video cards, Motherboards
- Active Directory Administration
- Modify profiles of User Accounts, including File Folder permissions.
- Use their Familiarity with Apple products to help install / update OS on iMAC' s / MAC Laptops
- From an Engineering perspective, they will be tasked with immediate requests to add Storage to a machine and they will need to know:
- How to add storage to a PC externally
- How to configure RAID technology.
- BS +3 years or no degree + 8 years
- 3 years specialized hardware/system engineering, and systems admin experience
- Working experience of analysis and installation of communications systems, system administration functions to include support of network systems, network servers and desktop computers
Job Type: Full Time