Candidate must have TS SCI
Our client is prime on a government program. They are looking to add a seasoned database and interface technical test engineer for a program to facilitate large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the end user. The selected candidate will provide database and interface testing services in support of enterprise-enabled Oracle database and interfacing Java web applications used throughout various environments and domains
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Engineer will be responsible for developing, updating and maintaining testing toolsets, test cases, test threads/scenarios; working with developers to diagnose application problems; supporting production environments; and maintaining test procedures, scripts and documentation. They may also be working with functional subject matter experts analyzing functional specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot database and software interfaces and complete problem reports in a detailed manner.
- Write automated test scripts, test plans, test cases and test procedures.
- Write and maintain test documentation based on requirements or user stories received.
- Must be able to perform requirements analysis and apply technical knowledge to design, write test cases, execute and debug test cases.
- Must possess the ability to integrate the whole picture including Functional, Regression, and Performance Testing.
- Must have proven experience with the various aspects of software testing (ex. equipment inspection, code review, integration, verification, regression and acceptance testing)
- Experience with at least one of the following toolsets: Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, Jira, Selenium, Redmine, Git, Mercury, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Req Pro, Apache or Tomcat.
- Experience with interface testing or any web service related technology (e.g. xml, xslt, xsd, wsdl).
- Familiarity with system-to-system interface testing, especially knowledge of SOAP web service, xsd schema and xml documents.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, JAVA JUnit and Unix.
- Knowledge of CAPCO markings.
Job Type: Contract