Annapolis Junction, MD
Candidate must have a TS/SCI with poly security clearance.
Our client is prime on a program that supports a government customer. This program is responsible is responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of several critical applications for the government customer. The infrastructure team is currently working heavily with cloud and migrating to AWS.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The engineer will be responsible for establishing system information requirements using analysis of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems. This will include designing architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces, as well as ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for agency IT architectures, and profiles of standards as they apply to the implementation and specific to the solution for the platform, integration with other systems, and the external interfaces. He/she will also ensure that the common operating environment is compliant and perform risk analysis. The engineer will also evaluate analytical and systematic problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
The Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure group is responsible for evaluation, recommendation, design, implementation, and ongoing support of the computer infrastructure services and to ensure high availability, redundancy, recoverability, and capacity.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- maintaining various Windows Operating system,
- configure and manage multiple VMware virtual and Amazon cloud environments.
- provide support to the Engineering Operations and application development groups.
- work closely with the other groups in the Infrastructure Engineering area - networking, data center, storage, security and architecture.
- Strong experience creating PowerShell scripts
- Proficient in configuring and maintaining large virtual environment managed by VMWare
- Experience with the analysis, design, installation, implementation, configuration, tuning, administration, operation, and security of mid-to-large-tier Windows systems
- Demonstrated experience with Group Policy Management, ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO), Exchange and other Microsoft software
- Experienced configuring and deploying systems in AWS
- Familiarity with antivirus and security software such as HBSS
Job Type: FT