Web Applications Developer - Mid Level
WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER - MID LEVEL
Candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph in order to be considered.
The customer environment is fast-paced and the candidate will be expected to support multiple projects and collection efforts. Specific duties, priorities, and workload will be established by the customer, however, the candidate is expected to take initiative and provide innovative solutions to technical problems to the customer on a regular basis. They should be knowledgeable of technologies/environments including: Amazon Web Services, Python, Java, JSON, Hadoop Map/Reduce, Hive, Pig, etc. They will develop software and tools to effectively exploit “ big data” types within a cloud-based environment. The primary focus of projects will be on “ big data” collection, storage, management, and analysis— they will participate as a team member with other customers and will support configuration management and other programmatic activities (updates to procedures, logging of activities, and use of Subversion configuration control software) as required. They will perform some database and web activities, specifically as they relate to “ big data” issues.
- Because they have very large data requirements and require candidates to not only be excellent at their given craft, but also be vigilant at detecting anomalies in the data they are looking at, ensuring a secure environment, etc.
- The Cloud Developer will be a dynamic professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individual with good communication skills.
- Provide hands on support and expertise in the areas of high volume data analysis and correlation.
- The ideal candidate will be well versed in developing various Data Analytic tools and be able to work with Data Scientists to create new capabilities.
- They will perform duties and tasking’ s as directed to meet varying mission needs across multiple projects and programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend databased methodologies.
- Focus on continual process improvement with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of/Prior work in Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Collaborative Filtering, Recommender Systems, Text Mining, Data Visualization or other related fields
- Experience with large scale data analytics and development.
- Hands on Cloud based software engineering in a large scale data collection environment.
- Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Object Oriented Development
- Pig, Hive
- Hadoop, MapReduce
- HBase, or Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience in Near real time processing
- Experience with ingestion solutions of diverse data sources
- Test driven development
Job Type: Full Time