Windows System Admin/Architect
Windows System Admin
Candidate must have at least TS SCI with Poly
This program supports a government customer. The team is looking to bring on a Windows System Administrator immediately.
The Windows System Admin will be responsible for hardening the systems, scanning, patching and making sure they are secure. The team is using a system monitoring tool called Tenable Nessus, so the admin will be helping identify vulnerabilities in the system and resolving them.
In addition, it is imperative that the candidate should have a STRONG server side system administration background, including troubleshooting, tier 1 & 2 support, configuring and managing Windows systems, and performance tuning. The admin will be helping out with the software management piece of it as well (installing and managing software). Experience with scripting is a plus.
This person must have familiarity with AWS/Cloud technologies and have the aptitude to learn cloud technologies. They will be working with Oracle Databases so they must be comfortable learning this, including building and supporting Oracle Apex webpages, deploying Oracle databases in AWS. This person must be able to take the initiative and learn all aspects of the application supported (how to build the client, how to reset user accounts, how the users use the application, etc.). Not just the Oracle database but the entire application.
This is a great opportunity for a strong Windows admin to strengthen their current skills, as well as expand their knowledge other areas and eventually become the go-to domain administrator for the team. This is a very important and high visibility role and the admin will support the Engineering review board from a DBA/engineer perspective to provide guidance in the retiring of mission applications. The environment will support critical systems, identify potential performance and process improvements and also manage the databases in operational environments.
- Strong Windows System Administration experience (troubleshooting, Tier 2 support, performance tuning)
- Experience working the full spectrum of a project – from design to config to install to maintenance
- Hands on Systems Hardening and Patching systems
- Experience with Active directory
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Virtualization, setting up VM' s
- Experience with Oracle Apex webpages
- AWS/Cloud experience
- Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc)
- Networking (Cisco/Juniper router and switches)
- Strong documentation experience
- SharePoint experience
- InfoSec experience
Job Type: Full Time