Windows Systems Admin
Ft. Meade, MD
Windows Systems Admin
Candidates must have Full Scope Polygraph prior to start
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Windows Systems Admin to partner with the systems engineering team, program, and government customers to perform the duties as an Systems admin located in Ft. Meade, MD This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
The Program team is seeking a Virtualization System Administrator, who will be responsible for working with other virtualization team members in systems operations and documentation. This candidate will ensure that all physical, virtual, and logical networks and environmental (OS and VM) problems get resolved in a timely manner. In a highly virtualized VMWare and vCloud Director Environment, this candidate will assist a multitude of internal customers in virtual machine and network setup (VMWare NSX) and migrations. This System Engineer will be responsible for working on many concurrent efforts and tasks in a fast paced environment. Other responsibilities will include stakeholder and customer support including meetings, phone and email support. This team member will often work directly with the customer for technical concerns. This person will document technical support operating procedures. These duties may include the configuration of project hardware such as servers, virtual machines, SAN\NAS, and networking equipment to include multi-level firewalls and switches. Installation and configuration of both Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and custom applications may become a more common duty assigned to this position. This person will be the key point of contact in the gathering and acquisition of application updates, services, websites, application and hotfix deployments, and managing of network resources. This candidate will assist the team in the responsibility for the overall security and compliance controls for this project. This person must be a team player and be cohesive with incumbent staff.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, math, or computer science or 5 years professional experience in lieu of degree.
5+ years of experience in at least three of the following:
o Strong experience in networking
o Microsoft Server 2008, or 2012/2016 system administration
o MS SQL / Databases administration
o MS Windows Server 2008\2012\2016 Active Directory
o Microsoft SCCM, SCOM configuration\administration
o Current SAN\NAS experience
o Current Hardware installation and configuration experience
o Experience in scripting in Powershell and\or PowerCLI
o Experienced in administration of CISCO, McAfee Enterprise (or similar) Firewalls and networking equipment (firewalls\switches\SAN).
• VMware ESXi Server 5 or above, including vCenter, vSphere, and vCloud Director
• Must be able to respond to provide support on any stakeholder issues to including troubleshooting, and testing.
• Must be able to document system processes, build procedures and system infrastructure diagrams.
• Experience administering firewalls, particularly Cisco ASA' s and\or McAfee (formerly SideWinder) a plus.
• Experience with Virtual Machine host and individual VM creation and maintenance, VMWare ESXi 5.5 or greater, a plus.
• Experience using NetApp Storage Devices
• Experience using Cisco UCS hardware environments
• Experience in SQL Database clustering and administration
• Experienced in Linux Administration
Job Type: FT