Windows Systems Admin
Linthicum Heights, MD
Windows Systems Admin
Candidates must have Secret Clearance
The contract is looking for an assertive and self-confident Windows Systems Admin to partner with the systems/network team, program, and government customers to perform the duties as a Windows Systems Admin located near Ft. Meade. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
In this role you will provide Windows Systems admin functions with the client supporting a DoD contract. The position is located in the Ft. Meade area and this role is part of the Windows Systems Administration team that provides primarily tier 3 support.
Duties include building, deploying, upgrading and maintaining Windows 2012/2016 servers on multiple virtual and physical servers. Includes supporting multiple applications and services, providing tier 3 troubleshooting and issue resolution, and integrating technologies using VMWare ESXi, NetApp SANs, Cisco UCS and HP servers.
- DoD 8570 Compliant (Security + cert)
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems and desktop applications
- Monitoring and tracking trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service.
- Understanding of NAS and SAN protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and FCP
- Windows server 2012/2016 configuration and administration
- Backup and Recovery with Backup Exec
- Domain and LAN administration
- Active Directory administration, GPO configuration and troubleshooting
- Share and NTFS permission configuration and DFS deployments
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, SQL administration,
- Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, SCCM and file server migrations
- Understanding of host network teaming
- Familiarity with Windows 10 workstation OS and ability to image a workstation.
- Strong customer service experience.
- HP and Cisco server hardware and blades, including, their associated interconnects (SAS, FC, TCP/IP).
- VMware design, configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience in clusters larger than 6 nodes
- NetApp FAS design, configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience with 7-mode and cDOT
- Cisco UCS configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- Monitoring system resource usage and ensuring adequate resources using common industry tools
- Experience maintaining Configuration Management systems and package deployment
- Installation and configuration of MS SQL server
- Experience applying STIG’ s and enforcing DoD compliance
- Ability to create PowerShell script to automate redundant tasks
- Experience with Splunk
- Ability to work with limited guidance and as part of a team
- Microsoft and/or NetApp certified
- Understanding of PowerShell and PowerCLI commands and scripting
- Configuring and maintaining WSUS and/or SCCM server
Job Type: FT